Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREFd Annotative model space text bold and blurry; View Target Z non-zero

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
wdprice3
505 Views, 0 Replies

XREFd Annotative model space text bold and blurry; View Target Z non-zero

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I searched and didn't find the same issue.

I have found that in multiple drawings, from multiple machines, that model space annotative text from XREFs often displays bold and blurry.  This seems to randomly occur and to occur without any known specific action to cause the issue.  I have a solution, however, I'm hoping to find a better way to solve this problem.

What I do is go into model space, unlock the viewport, select the offending XREFs, go to view/orbit/free orbit, and set the Target Z to zero.  This always fixes the problem; how the view target gets set to a non-zero value is beyond me.  This is all well and good, but doing this causes the viewport UCS to go back to world and zoom extents.  Then I have to go back and re-rotate the viewport UCS and try my best to pan the view back to what it was before so that all of the paperspace leaders, dimensions, etc. line back up to the model space.

In the attachments, 1.jpg is the bold and blurry text with a non-zero view target z; 2.jpg is after I've corrected the issue.

Any help on preventing this or another way that doesn't cause the view to reset?

Thanks

2012 C3D SP4

W7

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report