Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
greenju17
465 Views, 10 Replies

XREF

Why when I do Auto Linework and I go to Xref my base drawing to create other plan sheets, all my linework comes in as proposed?  Anyone else having this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: greenju17

Sounds like a VISRETSAIN setting

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 11
greenju17
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I tried changing that to 0, re xrefing the file, and still nothing?

What I am used to doing is xrefing the file needed, then re-import linework.  But by doing this i have the xref lines and the linework I just re-imported.

I never used to have this problem, it just started a few months ago??????????????

Message 4 of 11
tcorey

You're not giving us nearly enough details to track down you exact problem. Maybe you can give us a step-by-step walk-through of the commands you're using and what you expect from each?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 11
Joe-Bouza

I'm not sure what you have there?

is it paper space? you may be displaying plot styles under page setup manager

displayplotstyle.png

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 11
greenju17

Ok here is what Im doing

I go out surveying, bring in the points with auto linework (createing survey figures), and create my base.  In my base I do my Proposed linework, Alignment, Surface, Profiles, and Cross Sections.

Now its time for me to create P&P sheets.  So what I do is go to General--Plan production tools--create view frames and create sheets.  What I do is I add all sheets to a new drawing. 

Then I open the new drawing that was created with my P&P sheets.  I edit them a bit, add my labels, and when I go to print them, every line plots propsoed (even all of my exisitng linework).  The same this happens when I xref my base drawing to create a Plan View sheet, project overview sheet, etc.  Also what happens is that most of my linework goes on the P_Misc layer???  But even the linework that stay on the correct layer plots proposed??

So, what I did on my last project was to go into the new drawing the I created or xrefed (P&P, Plan View, etc), went to the survey tab in my toolspace, opened my Survey Database for my job, and clicked on Process Linework.  This brought in all my existing linework, but by doing this I now have my xref linework and my new stuff I just processed.

So I guess what is happing is that when I create my Base drawing with auto linework, everything work great.  But when I try to create other sheets with my base, nothing seems to work out?

Message 7 of 11
Joe-Bouza

I'm flumoxed. Admittedly, I am not familiar with the process of creating auto line work. When the autolines are made are they athe expected layer and creen color?

Am I understanding your process: is the autoline work in you base drawing with everything else and in the view frame file? in other words are you creating the PP in the base xref? I'm wondering if you have two sets of data ending up in you sheets. What happens if you make the sheets in the same drawing?
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 11
greenju17

Everything in the base works fine.  I can create sheets in the layout tabs and everything plots correct.  The only problem i have is when I xref it or when I use the program to create any sheets.

Message 9 of 11
greenju17

Well I figured it out.......I feel dumb

The problem was that the default layer was a Proposed layer, so all the lines from the xref are going to be proposed.  I changed the layer to a existing layer and all the lines show-up/plott right.

It was a easy fix, can't believe I didnt see that right away, o well

Message 10 of 11
tcorey

Yes, you should be embarrassed. None of the rest of us has ever overlooked something obvious. 😉

Thanks for following up with your solution. 

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 11 of 11
Joe-Bouza

Yeah.... If it were me I might never come back............
wait a minute that has been me! I probably shouldn't be here 🙂
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report