Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF SEARCH PATH

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
coravet
420 Views, 3 Replies

XREF SEARCH PATH

I am using Civil 3D 2011.  When I try to attach an xref, the select reference file dialog box always defaults to my local My Documents folder.  How can I change this to at least be directed to the correct network drive?

Many thanks in advance!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
baldema
in reply to: coravet

I'm not sure about making a setting change that would get the results you are after. What I do is go to the directory that I am accessing the most frequently through the xref manager and once I'm there go to the Tools drop down, Add to Favorites and  add that folder to my favorites so it always shows up in the list on the left side. This is really handy for opening files as well becasue it shows favorites in the open dialog box.

Message 3 of 4
JamesMaeding

why not keep explorer open to your project folder and shift-right click to copy as path when you need a filename?

then paste into acad's xref dialog.

THat goes for any program you use where you need to pick stuff often.

I even added a copy full filename item to the regular context menu I use it so much.

The better option is to use a custom xref attach routine that does what you want.

let me know if interested.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 4 of 4
dgordon

this only happens to me the first time i used the command once the program has started.   after that it defaults to the last folder I had open.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report