Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref scaling

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kolk
317 Views, 4 Replies

Xref scaling

I am hitting one of those "shoot, what was that variable, agian?!" moments.  I have a user that is xref-ing a source drawing to 2 differnt locations.  They wish the drawing scale in drawing 1 to be 10 and drawing 2 to be 30, however the source drawing xref doesn't seem to be cooperating.  I know this is not the ideal drawing setup, but that ship has sailed.

It seems to me that this "multiple scaling" used to work.  My thought was that it was one of those variables that changes when you crash out, but I can't remember what it is.

Thought?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: kolk

I hope I don't offend you,but from what you are saying doesn't make any sense to me.  Perhaps I do not know what ". . source drawing xref doesn't seem to be cooperating" means.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
Neilw_05

How are you scaling the XREFs? Are you scaling them in viewports or are you scaling the insertion? The only variables I can think of that come into play are for annotation scale and LTSCALE.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 5
kolk

No offense here...I probably didn't phrase that too well.  Specifically what I'm trying to help someone with is their scale annotation.  She had a drawng where she has done her work, and is now referencing that drawing into 2 other drawings.  One of the drawings [drawingA] she is ref'ing into is using a 30 scale within the viewports; the other [drawing B] is using a 10 scale in the viewports.  One of these drawings is used for cross sections sheets and if the annotation scale if off, things just do not look right.  In either case, the annotation of the source drawings "sticks" to the xref in A & B (i.e. if the source drawing is 30, drawing A & B display as 30, if the source is 10, they display as 10).

I did explain to her, for future reference (no pun intended!) that I would really not go this route, but like to mentioned, we're in the game now

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
jeffreyl79

How about the command: ANNOALLVISIBLE and setting it to 1.

When I bring my xref's in I have certain drawings that are different scales and this makes my line work show up at the scale of my current drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report