Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF layers revert back after closing dwg?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cadman33619
4666 Views, 4 Replies

XREF layers revert back after closing dwg?

Hi all...

having layer trouble. i have an xref with certain layers that i use in some drawing viewports and freeze in others. but after i close the drawing and open it later, the layers are all on again. I've played with the VISRETAIN variables but none seem to help.

any suggestions?

thanks

Lee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
murray-clack
in reply to: cadman33619

Do you work with named VIEWS?  If so, when you are restoring a view name, it may be resetting a layer state that was saved with that view.

Message 3 of 5
cadman33619
in reply to: murray-clack

i don't work with named views...i just open a single viewport. If i need multiple viewports on the same dwg i just copy the original viewport.

Am i going about this the wrong way?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

does the original xref file have these layers turned on when you open it?

visretain should equal 1 if you want your layers to stay.   also you need to save the drawing with visretain set to 1.

also save the the drawing after setting all the layers the way they should be.

if visretain is set to 1 and the xref layers will not stay, then you have a bugged drawing or drawings. 

you and try write blocking the original xref to a new drawing and then xref that file to see if that helps.  

also you can try write blocking the current drawing your xrefing into and see if that helps.

Good luck

Message 5 of 5
cadman33619

IT LOOKS LIKE SAVING WITH VISRETAIN SET TO 1 DID THE TRICK. ALL LAYERS NOW REMAIN.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

LEE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report