Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref files not showing up in all viewports in civil 3d 2011.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gregjmoore
2171 Views, 3 Replies

xref files not showing up in all viewports in civil 3d 2011.

I attach an xref to a drawing, plan profile, and align the parts of the xref in each viewport the way I want them to appear.

The host drawing is a generic plan profile sheet border. The viewports are set to the same scale same annotative scale, and are undefined, not a plan or profile viewport. I save the drawing and get out of cad all together. I restart cad and open the drawing. The plan view viewport is visible and the xrefs are also. In the profile viewport nothing is visible or only one line is visible. Items in the view port are viewable, not frozen in the viewport, not turned of. The annotative scale is exactly the same for all viewports as is the xref drawing.I am xrefing a civil 3d 2011 aliment and profile drawing into these sheets. The only way to see the xref in the view ports is to detach and reattach the xref. To make things worse this does not happen to all drawings that are using the border that I used to create this drawing set.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: gregjmoore

This is a long shot, but a possibility. What's the value of MAXACTVP? How many viewports do you have?

Another possibility: Check the properties of each viewport and be sure Visual Style is 2D Wireframe and Shade Plot is As Displayed.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: gregjmoore

Is it possible the drawing files being used are LDT legacy? I've experienced blank xrefs that were once LDT files

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I would never use an LDT file unless I inserted it into my template file first.

AND that's the truth!

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report