Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref coming into wrong position

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
asloat
1922 Views, 3 Replies

xref coming into wrong position

Another strange CAD issue; Civil3D 2012

I have two drawings, lets call them GR and LM.

I can xref GR into LM and everything is correct. If I xref LM into GR however, LM appears in the wrong spot down near 0,0. If I copy base point a line out of LM, it inserts correctly into GR using 0,0.

Both drawings contain other xrefs, but all are overlayed, so they don't carry forward. If I xref one of LM's xrefs into GR it appears in the right spot.

I have checked and both LM and GR are set to world UCS, no datum, and USfeet, correct units. I have compared their x/y locations and both are correct as well, just LM xrefs completely into the wrong spot.

I can of course force it into the right spot with a move command, but this is not ideal as the project spans years and having to do this each time is a pain.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: asloat

What is the BASE value for LM? (normally 0,0,0 for what you want to be doing)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
asloat
in reply to: Jeff_M

There we go, the drawing had a BASE not 0,0   No idea how it was changed, no one here would normally have a reason for doing so.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
bcsurvey
in reply to: asloat

I think it normally happens when someone gets into a coffee-induced click-fest (like we all do) and grabs the wrong object to move/drag.  The good thing is that you do have that insertion basepoint control, so that an issue like that can be easily remedied.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report