Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Surface with holes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
IslandGirl83
245 Views, 1 Reply

XML Surface with holes

I am receiving my EG surfaces from the surveyor in LandXML format. He is creating them in Land Desktop and exporting them to the XML. I am opening them in Civil 3d. On a couple of projects he has had to make updates to the surface and send me a new one, when he does this I notice "holes" in the surface. Usually I notice them when I create profiles. The drawings he sends to accompany the XML file contain contours (even in the area of the "holes"). He does not see holes on his end. 

Has anyone experenced this. I believe it is related to him merging multiple surfaces on his end and it leaving some holes, but clearly he is able to produce contours with no blank spots, so I don't know for sure. I am gonig to discuss his method in more detail with him, but was hoping to get some ideas of the issue first. 

Once before this happened and since I had information for the one point that existed in the "hole" area I was able to add that point to my surface and edit my tin to match his to fixt it. Now I am working with a much larger surface and this is not a reasonable fix.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pointdump
in reply to: IslandGirl83

IG83,

You can bring in points and alignments from Land Desktop, but you're better off re-creating the surface in C3D.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report