Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Parcel Legal Description Errors

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
lsssurvey
3039 Views, 23 Replies

XML Parcel Legal Description Errors

I saw a post similar to this back in May, but no real help solving it.

While generating a General Legal Description for Parcels xml report for a parcel with numerous tangent curves, reverse curves and compound curves, the report labels all of them as non-tangent.

Also, I write my legal descriptions for curves by citing the bearing and distance OUT to the radius from the beginning of the curve, but the routine gives me the bearing and distance IN from the radius. It is using the code {curveStartDirection}.

Is there a different code I can use that would give me the opposite bearing? Is there some resource that lists all these codes for parcels?

Tom Rope

Tom
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
stacy.dunn
in reply to: wvyhonsky

The wording could be done, but it would take a bit of work to do it.  You could look into third party legal writers like Dotsoft.  I think it may be flexible enough to do what you want.  It would be cheaper than spending time re-coding the autodesk report and associated files.

Stacy Dunn
Message 22 of 24
wvyhonsky
in reply to: stacy.dunn

Thanks.  It is easy enough to manually edit those lines as needed, just thought if the option was there I would take advantage of it.

Message 23 of 24
rick.hberg
in reply to: chadroger

had a pvt message requesting files on this topic, but I don't think I can attach files to pvt message.

So here is what I ended up with.  Like a couple others in this discussion, our surveyors call items in a 'from a tangent/non-tangent' as opposed to the default 'to a tangent/non-tangent' method.  I gave up on trying to make the code work in the 'from' method, and settled for a compromise.  See a sample output below.  The surveyor has to copy the 'tangent/non-tangent' from the end of the line and paste it to the '____' shown in the following line.  The way it outputs, they just double click...copy...double click...paste, if that makes sense.  Also, it's fairly obvious where the edits need to occur as they look through the file. (note the final 'line to POB' shown in the sample below does not show the '___' because the 'line to POB' method does not know it came from a curve...hard to explain, but the preceding 'non-tangent' is still produced correctly)

I attached the xml/xsl files used to create this output below as well as the dwg it came from.  Note that I think my CoordGeometry file is the regular default install (I think the formatting was ok for our surveyors); and I don't have Stacy's last edit to the non-tangent compound curve portion in my files (I had previously removed the non-tangent compound and non-tangent reverse portions, and replaced with just a non-tangent).

hope it helps give some work-around to the 'from' folks... sorry for the lengthy post... here's the output of the wacky test parcel in the attached dwg file:

DESCRIPTION OF Standard : 1

From the POINT OF BEGINNING; Thence, N 61° 06' 16" W, 867.12 feet to a point for corner, the beginning of a curve; tangent

Thence, 390.80 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the right, having a radius of 366.44 feet, a central angle of 61° 06' 16", and a chord which bears N 30° 33' 08" W, 372.54 feet to a point for corner, the beginning of a compound curve; tangent

Thence, 942.48 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the right, having a radius of 300.00 feet, a central angle of 180° 00' 00", and a chord which bears N 90° 00' 00" E, 600.00 feet to a point for corner, the beginning of a reverse curve; tangent

Thence, 942.48 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the left, having a radius of 300.00 feet, a central angle of 180° 00' 00", and a chord which bears N 90° 00' 00" E, 600.00 feet to a point for corner, the beginning of a curve; non-tangent

Thence, 1097.07 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the right, having a radius of 461.28 feet, a central angle of 136° 15' 58", and a chord which bears S 88° 20' 17" E, 856.19 feet to a point for corner, the beginning of a curve; non-tangent

Thence, 384.83 feet along the arc of a ____ curve to the right, having a radius of 390.66 feet, a central angle of 56° 26' 25", and a chord which bears S 42° 55' 26" W, 369.46 feet to a point for corner; non-tangent

Thence S 62° 33' 07" W, 964.23 feet to the POINT OF BEGINNING

and containing 25.469 acre (1109420 square feet) of land.

p.s. I think c3d 2014 has the same old incorrect files included. Awesome!

Civil 3D 2014
Windows 7 x64
Message 24 of 24

Has anyone figured out how to address the original question which I believe was how to have the curve radial bearing start from the radius point and end at the curve beginning?  It can easily be changed in Word or some other processor but seems strange that coding does not exists for flipping the bearing direction.  Currently the only string I am familar with is {curveStartDirection} which is the bearing from the curve begin point to the radius point.  Where can we find a list of commands that can be changed in the legal desription .xsl and .xml files?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report