Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML and Transforms Tab

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rl_jackson
295 Views, 4 Replies

XML and Transforms Tab

I have some data that is in State Plane Grid that I have eported using XML (Parcels), I then have another drawing that is in the same coordinate system using a combined scale factor to get the data to Ground. When I import the XML file it does not honor the scale factor.

Am I missing something, some setting somewhere or does XML not allow this?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: rl_jackson

Not an answer to your question, but if you open the XML file being imported, are the units listed near the top of the file all as expected here?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: Jay_B

I am getting the correct zone, units, scale factor etc.... but when I import into a drawing I'm trying to set to ground nothing happens to the xml data, regarding the scale.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: rl_jackson

Don't know if it will help but in the LandXML import settings there is a translation on/off setting.

Settings Tab>Rt. Click dwg name>Edit LandXML settings>Import Tab>Translation

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: Jay_B

Yeah, I checked and it's on. I'm not really trying to translate the data per say, since the point are already being adjusted from GRID to GROUND. Just that the Parcel data in GRID does not translate on import. If this was a small site, I would not be to concrened but, I have a 8mile x 12 mile area. that I'm trying to use a combined scale factor for a centriod to get things to resemble ground conditions. I relize this is not completlely correct but it's going to be close enough for the area that I am located in.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report