Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Section fill slope problems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
197 Views, 7 Replies

X Section fill slope problems

I am running a profile through a huge rock quarry to be filled - cross sections through it though are acting up and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions (see picture for the obvious problem). While some of the sections in the exact same scenario work fine with the 1.5 to 1 slope I specified, most just do this - sometimes 0.5 to 1, 0.8 to 1, then even negative slope to 1 as this one shows. They don't meet a groundline, they don't stop at a certain elevation, and they are all ending at different lengths......no logic. Anyone? PS. there is a bottom to it, it just runs along the grid line and can't be seen at this zoom.

3D2006, SP2 + all the fixes
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No thoughts on this problem?
Message 3 of 8
c__h

What does your horizontal alignment look like? If you have a tight curve, it can cause some wrong points as you have.

Can you post a screen shot of your horizontal alignment with the corridor showing on it?

That might help in figuring this out.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Yeah, you probably are on to something there, but what CAN I do about that? I need extra long sections because I'm dealing with a road 30 metres (130') above existing ground! I'd of thought they would be able to solve at each section independently even though all the sections slice across each other around the bend.

That certainly makes sense because the first few sections along the straight stretch work fine.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Well, seeing that I seem to know the problem, I sure would like to know a solution. Anyone that has suggestions - your input would be greatly appreciated. This is a major project that will be royally slowed down the road if I can't resolve this in due time!
Message 6 of 8
cadtown

If you send me the dwg file with the surface and alignment/profiles I might be able to help you.

Peter,

http://www.cadtown.com
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

My base drawing with the surface is 12meg and working drawing 6 meg. I XML'ed the surface/alignment/profile, but that's also 6meg - anyway, I imagine it's easy to reproduce - just use one of your drawings with a surface, draw an alignment with a curve less than 200' rad, then run your design profile 130' above existing ground. Have your section swath long enough so you SHOULD hit OG @ 1.5:1 slope.

Thinking about it further, I don't even know how to use sections going around the corner as the x-section scenario will technically vary once you start hitting that corner.

If you want me to send over this xml, to what email? I'm certain a quick reproduction using my scenario above would give you a working platform as well.
Message 8 of 8
cadtown

I did as you suggested on my Section3D program and I had absolutely no problem generating the X-Sections & corridor model along the alignment as shown in the attached picture. This is why I have to use your data to recreate the problem. Of course, if I can recreate the problem I can always find a solution. You anticipation the overlapping X-section lines does not apply to my Section3D application since it uses a different approach.

Peter,

http://www.cadtown.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report