Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X section explode question.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
2ndtech2001
410 Views, 1 Reply

X section explode question.

Hi I am very inexperienced with Civil 3d. Our office just upgraded from civil 3d 2005 to civil 3d 2012 and frankly I'm blowing in the wind here! I have finally stumbled my way to cutting cross sections on a turn lane. I would like to explode the turn lane x sections and do some editing and labeling manually. If I explode the sections they disappear. In an older post someone mentioned selecting and exploding the section prior to exploding the section view. Not exactly sure how to go about this.

Could someone explain the steps needed to explode these sections? Thank you in advance!  Tom

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

To get you started, if you select all the part in the section view, use a windows around all the entities in the section views, and then explode it. If you select the section view by clicking on it, the section will disappear as you have found.

Sections are on visible within section veiws. If you remove a section view from the drawing, the section has nothing to be displayed in. Just as section labels are dependant on section, remove the section and the label disappears.

You might want to look into some of the tutorials and webcasts, as just about any labeling and editing is possible with the section views intact, using the right styles and assemblies.

Try here for starters

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/linkedsumindex?siteID=123112&id=2387188&linkID=9240695

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report