Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong linetype for my point marker

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
COWRtech
287 Views, 2 Replies

Wrong linetype for my point marker

I have my layer set up as dashed linetype for lines. My point style marker is set up as continuous linetype. When I import the survey file it automatically draws the lines correctly, inserts the correct marker, and places them on the correct layer. But the marker is dashed as well and not continuous. Is something overriding this setting?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: COWRtech

Welcome to the Forums!

@COWRtech wrote:

I have my layer set up as dashed linetype for lines. My point style marker is set up as continuous linetype. When I import the survey file it automatically draws the lines correctly, inserts the correct marker, and places them on the correct layer. But the marker is dashed as well and not continuous. Is something overriding this setting? 

Without know more details re: your workflow, it's sounding like those dashed bylayer properties are being applied to the point and causing it to be dashed. The first place I would look (assuming Description Keys are in use) is the layer the problem Point Code is assigned to within the Description Key Set. This setting will override the layer settings in the Point Style AFAIK.

If the Point is being placed on the same layer as dashed lines try assigning it to a layer using a Continuous linetype.
I don't follow if your attempting use one or two layers for this?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
COWRtech
in reply to: Jay_B

I am using the same layer which is an existing underground electrical layer. The lines are dashed and the hand holes are solid.
Your suggestion made me think of something to try. In the description key table I set the style for "ElecMh" to default and set the properties in my Point Group style for "ElecMh" to that point style. This worked fine. Hope I'm not confusing you but basicly its using my point style now which is a continuous line.
Thanks for your help.

Marc Schulze
Engineering Technician
City of Wisconsin Rapids
444 West Grand Avenue
(715)-421-8282
mschulze@wirapids.org

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report