Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace settinegs issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
larryleso
287 Views, 3 Replies

Workspace settinegs issue

I have a workspace set and it will function fine for a couple of weeks, and each time I start my machine or Civil 3D, everything will be proper.  But every couple of weeks it will reset, the name of the workspace will still be there, and it will let me load it, but the settings, toolspace and other menus will not be in the correct spot.

After this happened a couple of times, I then began saving my workspace twice, one named backup and the other named "Larry Civil 3D".  I would only use the Larry Civil 3D, but again, after a period of time it would reset and both the Larry Civil 3D and the Backup would not work.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Thank you,

Larry

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: larryleso

Since this issue is not related with Civil 3D API directly, I've asked administrator to move it into Civil 3D general borad, where you can get more exposure to Civil 3D product experts.

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: larryleso

In your Workspace Settings, is it set to Automatically Save Workspace Changes?  By default, it's set to Do Not Save Changes to Workspace.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 4
larryleso
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

It is not set to automatically save my settings.  The problem is that after an undetermined amount of time, it forgets the workspace settings.

The process I have repeated a number of times in the past year:

1. Set up toolbars, windows and toolspaces.
  2. Save them as Larry's Workspace.
  3. Save them again as Backup.
  4. Open Larry's Workspace.
  5. Continue to work.

After some weeks, when I open Civil 3D, both the Larry's Workspace and Backup workspace, while still there, do not reflect the settings I initially made.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report