Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with corridor and alligments

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Darius1234
361 Views, 8 Replies

Working with corridor and alligments

Hello guys,

Iam really new in civil,so here's my problem. I need to make heights plan for football stadium and i find myself in deadlock. In the middle of stadium ive made vertical alligment and made a corridor, then splited it. I need to make different slopes in sides and middle. In middle there should be -0,8% and in sides -0.5%. But sides horizontals should go opposite way from middle ones. So first question is, is that possible to make that with one alligment ? if yes, what links or subassembleys should i use. Iam attaching dwg to be more clear for you guys. So please, take a look, i really need help in this one. Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Darius1234
in reply to: Darius1234

P.S If you take a look, ive made an assembley to the right side of staduim, but iam really not sure if its good. I guess thats the problem. 

Message 3 of 9
Pointdump

Darius,

Looks like a fun project. Do you really need to use a Corridor? A Grading would be easier. The Corridor might be useful for that Oval Track, but for the building I'd use a Grading.

Stadium.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 9
Darius1234
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi, Pointdum,

Well, i need to make nice contours for workers. I never really worked with grading. It would make good contours and slopes for me ? 

Message 5 of 9
Pointdump

Darius,

Yes sir, it would. I'd recommend you go through the Grading Tutorials in the Help Section. In less than a day, you'll be a pro at Gradings.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 6 of 9
Darius1234

I will try to learns this, but the things is, i really dont have a day hehe. Maybe you have solution making this with corridor, i need to figure out, what iam doing wrong - its like i need more alligments or my subasembleys are wrong ? 

Message 7 of 9
Darius1234

P.S Pointdump

If iam working with gradings, i cant show my different construction heights, like i can in assembley, which is important for final earthworks calculations

Message 8 of 9
Pointdump

Darius,

"If I am working with gradings, I can't show my different construction heights..."

Yes, you can. Read <<Here>>.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 9 of 9
Darius1234

AH, now it makes sense. I really underrestimated grading heh, i will use it in future much more. In some situations its much more easier and time effiecient than making all those corridors assembleys and so on. Thank you 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report