Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work flow for Earthwork Options in the same place?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GreeneSWCD
308 Views, 5 Replies

Work flow for Earthwork Options in the same place?

I'd like to design a few different options for an earthen berm in the same spot.  How do I keep them all separate?  For instance, I'd like to have a hill at different heights along with different side slopes.  I thought I'd just use different surfaces, but even when I turn the surfaces to no disaplay, I still have my feature lines staying put. 

My goal is to build sheets showing each hill option with an earthwork computation for each option.  I'm sure this is a simple endeavor, I'm just looking for a way to keep it clean. 

I'd like to do each option in its separate site, and then just be looking at one site at a time.  Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
awood
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

How about Data Referencing the design surfaces into seperate drawings/sheets for plan production?

HTH

AWood

Message 3 of 6
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: awood

I've never data referenced before, could you point me to a tutorial or walk me through here?
Message 4 of 6
awood

It's actually a pretty simple process, similiar in idea to external references (XREFs).

There are in-software tutorials to guide you through the process.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2012/ENU/filesCTU/GUID-68AC7599-F635-4391-9F9A-6E9EF96F9ED-102.htm

HTH

AWood

Message 5 of 6
neilyj666

You could also make copies in the same dwg and displace by an appropriate amount and if you put the feature lines on different layers these can be frozen as needed in viewports etc. Same goes for surfaces - add a name suffix for the main surface object in settings and the surface can be frozen in viewports

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

all good suggestions. This was a question only a few days ago you may find interesting >>>HERE<<<

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report