Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wish: replacing subassembly from combobox list

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joantopo
211 Views, 2 Replies

wish: replacing subassembly from combobox list

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-DB610FF0-9EED-4E33-B9AC-E6C0776...

Sometimes subassembly is not shown in assembly (because of it contains offset targets or expressions) and then, we can´t select it graphically to replace for other subassembly.

In my opinion it should appear a form with combobox list which contains all subassemblies from selected assembly to select the old subassembly.

Moreover, I would like to replace(re-write) a *.PKT file when I import it again. For example, if I am modifying the subassembly in SAC and I would like to check it in Civil 3D again.

Sorry for my English.

Regards.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: joantopo

@joantopo wrote:

Sometimes subassembly is not shown in assembly (because of it contains offset targets or expressions) and then, we can´t select it graphically to replace for other subassembly.

Moreover, I would like to replace(re-write) a *.PKT file when I import it again. For example, if I am modifying the subassembly in SAC and I would like to check it in Civil 3D again.

You can also replace subassemblies using the Delete Subassembly and Add Subassembly tools that are available while in the Corridor Section Editor.

Regarding the SAC question, just SaveAs a different name and import it again. That saves having to delete the sub from drawing and tool palette and then re-starting Civil 3D.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
joantopo
in reply to: tcorey

Hi.

About your first point:

I am trying to do "remove subassembly" in Corridor Section Editor unsuccessful.

I get always in command line :"You have selected nothing"

I have tried in 2014 and 2015 with different assemblies and stock or customized subassemblies.

How do you select graphically the subassembly? Does it have to be highlighted?

About the second point:

Steps:

1)Save as my file in other name in SAC.

2)Import it to tool palette in the same tab.

and after?

(I don´t look at that subassembly replace automatically for the new subassembly.)

Regards.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report