Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rwhitlock
102 Views, 2 Replies

Wish List

I would greatly appreciate the addition of a civil 3D routine whereby Point data can be added directly to roadway features (top of curbs, etc,) by reading the elevation data from a road grid defined by a template. For example, I've been using a third party app. which will allow the placement of top of curb elevations anywhere along an alignment defined by a road template. Incredibly useful!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: rwhitlock

Sounds like point codes in the design center of LDD for cross sections.... Z "rwhitlock" wrote in message news:21125374.1080930284758.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I would greatly appreciate the addition of a civil 3D routine whereby Point data can be added directly to roadway features (top of curbs, etc,) by reading the elevation data from a road grid defined by a template. For example, I've been using a third party app. which will allow the placement of top of curb elevations anywhere along an alignment defined by a road template. Incredibly useful!
Message 3 of 3
apence
in reply to: rwhitlock

When you import an alignment from Land Desktop it is not very easy to edit it. In fact, it seems that you loose most of the Horizontal alignment editing functionality of Civ3D.

Land Desktop knows where PI's are for horizontal alignments. It would be nice if Civ3D would allow you to import the curve PI's of the alignment instead of just the curves.

As it is now, grip editing an imported curve changes the curve radius, but the endpoints stay the same. So, if you edit the curve, then the tangents are no longer tangent to the curve. It would be nice to have the option to import an alignment as if it was created with the tan-tan layout tool with curves added later. Then, adjusting the curve would adjust the PC and PT accordingly. You would also be able to grip edit the curve PI as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report