Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wish : bench with superelevation

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
joantopo
1132 Views, 7 Replies

wish : bench with superelevation

We can calculate superelevations for (lanes and shoulders) but  we can´t calculate for "bench".

Imagine that you have a platform (Undivided Crowned) with shoulders and  in the side itself, bench.

My problem is that design criteria (for superelevations) says that in curves,(curve turns left in this case), if shoulders superelevation> 4% then, the left bench have to have  the same superelevation that left shoulder superelevation.

I think that component bench should be integrated as element in "calculate superelevations".

Shoulders afford "shoulder slope treatment, neither (match line slopes, default slopes, breakover removal).

In this case, if existed bench component, I used (bench slope treatment=  match line slopes).

or subanssemblies, for example, daylightStandard, I think that subassemblies should have (superelevation=match line slopes).

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sboon
in reply to: joantopo

Not sure that I understand what you're trying to do here, but it might be possible to use a parameter reference to get what you're looking for.

Perhaps a sketch would help.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 8
joantopo
in reply to: sboon

berma.jpg

EndNormalCrown: (symetric)

Left bench= -4%

Left Shoulder= -2%

Left lane= -2%

Right lane= -2%

Right Shoulder= -2%

Right bench= -4%

(turn left)---(Start Station Spiral)

Left bench= -4%

Left Shoulder= -2%

Left lane= -2%

Right lane= 0 %

Right Shoulder= 0 %

Right bench= -4%

next SuperelevationCriticalStation (in spiral)

Left bench= -4%

Left Shoulder= -2%

Left lane= -2%

Right lane= +2 %

Right Shoulder= +2 %

Right bench= -4%

** break superelevationCriticalStation when outside lane > +4%

Left bench= -4%

Left Shoulder= -4%

Left lane= -4%

Right lane= +4 %

Right Shoulder= +4 %

Right bench= - 4%  

Start Curve (turn left)

Left bench= -7%

Left Shoulder= -7%

Left lane= -7%

Right lane= +7 %

Right Shoulder= +7 %

Right bench= -4%

If turns left, when slope left lane is > abs(4%)   then  left bench has the same slope than left lane.

If turns right, when slope right lane is > abs(4%)   then  right bench has the same slope than right lane.

Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 4 of 8
sboon

I believe that this can be done using the software as is.  Your shoulders always match the lane slopes, so your assembly can be built with shoulder subas that use the outside lane superelevation parameters.  The bench is actually a shoulder, so you can apply that superelevation parameter there.

I ran the superelevation wizard using the Breakover removal option for the low side and Default slopes for the high side.  Note the Low shoulder Match station created by the wizard and that the right shoulder transitions to match the lane slope when it is > 3%

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 8
joantopo

Fine!!

I don´t understand this.

"so your assembly can be built with shoulder subas that use the outside lane superelevation parameters"

My assembly (right side) now is this:

2.jpg

S1 and S2  both are subassemblies = ShoulderVerticalSubbase.

S2 thickness is only = 0.001 m because I don´t want count that material. It is a bench.

3.jpg

For S1 (shoulder as a shoulder)  I can´t specify (use superelevation slope = right outside lane).

I think that S1 should be a subassembly lane type too, and then I could specify (use superelevation slope = right outside lane).

Is it right?

Thank you.

Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

Message 6 of 8
sboon

You have it correct.  Use LaneSuperelevationAOR for the S1 shoulder segment, with the same superelevation parameter as the adjoining lane.

An alternate solution would be to continue using the ShoulderVerticalSubbase sub you have now, but apply a parameter reference within the assembly so that the slope of the shoulder always matches that of the lane.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 8
joantopo
in reply to: sboon

Excuse me.

Could you explain me better this second method, please?

"An alternate solution would be to continue using the ShoulderVerticalSubbase sub you have now, but apply a parameter reference within the assembly so that the slope of the shoulder always matches that of the lane."

Where is that parameter?

Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000

Message 8 of 8
sboon

When a subassembly is used within an assembly there are a series of input parameters used to control its operation in a corridor.  Most of those input parameters are specified by you when you create the assembly.  Some of these inputs can also be controlled by corridor targets, alignment superelevation settings etc. 

Subassemblies also have output parameters.  These are the actual values that were used at each corridor station, and they are made available for use by subsequent subs in the assembly.  In the example below I have changed the settings for a shoulder sub to ignore all superelevation values and use default slopes instead.  I have also turned on the Parameter Reference option for this default slope and specified that the value should match the output of the adjacent lane slope.

Steve

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report