Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wipeout in Alignment PI Label

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jporter
627 Views, 4 Replies

Wipeout in Alignment PI Label

I'm trying to use the _Wipeout_Circle block that ships with the straight-out-of-the-box NCS template (Civil 3D 2013 and Civil 3D 2014) to create a PI marker point in which the alignment is wiped out at the PI points.  As you can see, the block itself works fine, but once used as a marker point it doesn't:

PI-block-issue.png

Does anyone know what's causing this? 

Here are the settings I'm using (again, this can be recreated straight from the NCS template):

PI-block-issue-02.png

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Jason

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: jporter

Hi Jason,

I've had the same problem. What I did was to embed the wipeout_circle block as part of a geometry point label.

The problem is in how Civil 3D places objects .The markers are considered part of the alignment, so they can't be moved above or below it. The labels are (alsmost) separate objects and are inserted above the alignment.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
jporter
in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

YOU ROCK!  I can't believe that I didn't think of that sooner.  I was so focused on making the alignment style work I completely lost focus on the label style. 

Thank you for your help,

Jason

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 4 of 5
Mark_Castle
in reply to: jporter

I've had uneven success with wipeouts in the past, so what I do is set one of the colors (like 255) in my CTB file as a "no plot" color by specifying 0 percent screening. Then you can use a hatch with the color set to your no plot color instead of a wipeout.

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 5 of 5
jporter
in reply to: Mark_Castle

Mark,

That's a viable solution as well.  I triedc that, but the problem was that I tried it in the marker style rather than the label style.

Thanks for your input,

Jason

Jason Porter
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report