Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 64-bit and Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
apang
17079 Views, 6 Replies

Windows 7 64-bit and Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009

Anyone have any issues using Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009 with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ? We get occasional blue screens when using LDC 2009. Looking a the blue screen information, Autodesk suggests a memory problem, though they don't officially support 2009 on Windows 7. Odd thing is that we don't experience any problems when LDC 2009 is not running on the computer.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: apang

I would suggest installing Land Desktop in Windows XP mode on Windows 7
64bit.

I would assume the blue screens related to the db engine is not 64bit
compatible.

Matthew Anderson, PE

apang wrote:
> Anyone have any issues using Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009 with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ? We get occasional blue screens when using LDC 2009. Looking a the blue screen information, Autodesk suggests a memory problem, though they don't officially support 2009 on Windows 7. Odd thing is that we don't experience any problems when LDC 2009 is not running on the computer.
>
Message 3 of 7
ray
Contributor

I just discovered a problem with XML Export.  I get error messages about "Can't find ... MSO.dll" and "VBA is not installed".

Any work arounds?

Message 4 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: ray

You may want to try the Land Desktop forum.  I think most of us, once we make the switch to Civil 3D, don't ever even want to start up Land Desktop anymore, so we try to avoid it as much as possible.  I think I'm going on three years now since I actually used Land Desktop for anything.

Sinc
Message 5 of 7
ray
Contributor
in reply to: Sinc

I've got ongoing projects started years ago in LDD, I'm still using it.  New projects will be done in Civil 3D.

Does Autodesk still have a LDD forum?  I didn't find it earlier.

Thanks,

Ray

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: ray

its here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/bd-p/83

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
dubay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report