Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Civil 3d 2013 a BIG PIECE OF CRAP

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
01rs25subaru
1231 Views, 3 Replies

Why is Civil 3d 2013 a BIG PIECE OF CRAP

I am constantly running into crashes with AutoCAD Civil 3d 2013 (note: no errors on startup of autocad)... all that I am doing is inserting a basic block (which is at 14mb even though there are no layers or styles in the drawing); which in turn wants to sit and think about it... xrefs take forever to load and I get errors all of the time... I have never had this problems with previous versions of AutoCAD... 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, etc... I have used them all and never had the amount of troubles that I have with this version of CAD... 

I have hardware acceleration turned off, Window basic theme turned on and all of the older ways of editing turned on...

And why is it that I cannot use my properties dialog box anymore with 2013, it could be simple lines; but it will just hesitate anytime I select anything... 

Windows 7 64bit

8gigs of ram

3.2gig processor

current version of video card

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 

I thought AutoCAD was a productive tool not something where you have to wait half of the day to do any work... Why spend the more and more money every year to get something that does not work...

I appologize for this, but I am at my wits end with this and spend hours trying to figure out why autocad is doing what it is doing... 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

From what you listed as your graphics card, it is not supported by Autodesk...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: 01rs25subaru

try write blocking the data you need out of the 14mb drawing and see if it gets any smaller.

then try xrefing in the newer smaller drawing.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 4
LeafRiders
in reply to: dgordon

Go back to Civil 3D 2012, I've had zero issues since I've installed all the updates. Rule of thumb never install a version of Autodesk software that's not in your current calendar year, and only if there is at least 1 Service pack available. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report