Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do my linetypes look wrong

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
cadman33619
6810 Views, 25 Replies

why do my linetypes look wrong

I have a FENCE linetype that isn't quite right. i've attached my drawing and linetype file. The corners don't always meet up and the "X" is sometimes off center...but fine in other parts.

*FENCELINE,X
A,.5,-.2,["X",STANDARD,S=.05,U=0.0,X=-0.13,Y=-0.025],.05

thanks

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Jay_B
in reply to: cadman33619

AutoDesk Subscription customer info, see "learn more" on page.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 22 of 26
Neilw_05
in reply to: cadman33619

When purchasing the software you have the option to subscribe to free tech support, maintenance and upgrades for 1 year. Whoever was responsible for acquiring your software should be able to tell you if you have a subscription contract and direct you to the person authorized to manage the subscription account. From there you can arrange to access the support service or have someone else with access submit a request in your behalf.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 23 of 26
cadman33619
in reply to: Neilw_05

I will DEF look into it and post any results. in the meantime, I will go back to your post where you suggest removing the U=0 parameter and accept that as my solution.

thanks again

Message 24 of 26
theclaw
in reply to: Jay_B

I know this is a really old post, but I think it likely has to do with the default height of the text used in the linetype.

Here at my office, our linetypes are defined using the standard font. If, in the text style dialog, we have the standard font default height set to anything but 0, we get unpredictable results with the character height, spacing, etc.

Try setting the default height for the text to 0 and see if the problem persists.

I haven't looked at any attached drawings, so please excuse me if I'm way off.

-Richard

The Claw
Civil 3D 2012 (64)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64
Intel Xeon E5-1607@3GHz
16GB
Message 25 of 26
cadman33619
in reply to: theclaw

setting the text height to zero is the solution. everything is working great.

thanks for your reply. 

Message 26 of 26
chrishowe
in reply to: Neilw_05

I figured one way to fix the text size and it being off centered. very simple it is in the style command for the text. the height of text needs to be 0.000 and that should fix most if not all your problems with your line type not being correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report