Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't there be a DaylightSimple subassembly? (Need help w/corridor daylight)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
deltacoolguy
390 Views, 5 Replies

Why can't there be a DaylightSimple subassembly? (Need help w/corridor daylight)

Why can't there be a DaylightSimple subassembly?  Or, a DaylightFixedSlope?

I'm having issues getting my corridor surface to daylight.  In other words, it just won't do it.  I've done search after search and I see questions that appear similar to mine, yet just different enough to not quite be applicable.

All I want is a 2' wide bench behind the back of curb at 2%, then I want to slope at 3:1 either in cut or fill, as the case may be.  I don't need 8 different hinge points.  I don't care how wide it is, it'll be whatever it will be.  I just want a straight defined slope that keeps going until it finds the existing surface... hence the question: Why can't there be a DaylightSimple subassembly?

I'm using LinkWidthandSlope for the 2' bench.  I have that down.  Then I have tried several daylight subassemblies, currently trying DaylightGeneral, but it seems way more complicated than it needs to be.  I have it dumbed down as much as I think it can be, so it has occurred to me that there's some nuance in the corridor surface building process that I may be missing as well.

FWIW, all the dynamic aspects are in the same drawing, except the existing surface.  The existing surface is the only dynamic item D-ref'd.  Plus, the street is a replacement of an existing street, so there's not much variation from existing to proposed, even at the exdges, but there's some.  The 3:1 daylight slope will switch back a couple times from cut and fill.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: deltacoolguy

What about LinkSlopeToSurface on the Generic tab?

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Florida DOT State kit 2014 has a very nice simple daylight sub assembly (target surface at a specific slope). If I remember correctly I had to install it so I could use their assemblies and sub-assemblies but they are some of the best I have seen.  Lots and lots of good stuff.  There are tons of structures, pipes, assemblies, subassemblies, linetypes, ect.   Best of all it is free.  Just have to poke around in the folder it installs.

Cheers

-Jim

Message 4 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

@KMercier_C3D wrote:

What about LinkSlopeToSurface on the Generic tab?

That, plus a couple nuanced settings in the corridor stuff, worked.  Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Anonymous

I'll have to check that out, thanks.

I always mean to delve into subassembly creation, but still haven't yet.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Another option which I think would be the easiest would be to use the Daylightmaxwidth. Just set the width of the daylight to something long like, 50' or so and run your corridor. Just change the length of daylight until it targets your surface. Works like a charm for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report