Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why C3D does not consider curve labels as a part of aligment labels

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tonnot
458 Views, 10 Replies

Why C3D does not consider curve labels as a part of aligment labels

I think it is normal to want a style showing stationing, speed design stattions, etc.

But.... Radii of curves ? Clothoid parameters ? 

Why is the reason Autodesk developers think that designers dont want to see this information instead of "add labels, aligments, multiple segments,. etc .... 

(aligment by aligment ...... of a whole project ? It is a madness!!)

What is your opinion ?

Tnanks.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mathewkol
in reply to: tonnot

Good question.  Profiles have curve group labels, not sure why alignments do not.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 11
tonnot
in reply to: mathewkol

Matt....

I dont understand too.

Normaly people wants to create aligmnent labeling automatic, ins't? So.... who would not want to have labeling as a style???????? 

Really I think this is an important civil3d lack.

During desing you must to review the data, so .... are you going to label your aligment every time you add a new element ????? uff what a madness.... 

Any idea to change this behaviour ? Dynamic labeling ?  By customization ? 

Thanks

Message 4 of 11
troma

I concur.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 11
Kevin.Spear

I must be missing something in the translation. Alignments are labeled as segments are drawn.  This is assigned initially through the Create Alignment - Layout or other creation methods. In those dialog boxes will be an option to specify the Alignment Label Set. 

The label sets that come with the application are one way to group those alignment labels. If you have other needs, simply create a new group with the labels you need.

If you are referring to segment labels, like bearing and distance of a tangent and curve information, then yes, those are not "auto" labeled with the label set. However, how hard is it to choose label multiple segments and pick an alignment? 

Are we really fussing over 2 or 3 clicks to do work? I hope not. I hope i am missing something.

Kevin

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 6 of 11
tonnot
in reply to: Kevin.Spear

Kevin....

Believe me, yes .... I

hate to do unnecesary clicks.... specailly with more than 100 aligments ......

Are you agree with me , isn't ?

Message 7 of 11
Neilw_05

I agree with the OP. Why aren't alignment segments available in label sets?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 11
tonnot
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks Neil.

Sincerely, this is one of the things I am dissapointed with C3D...... 

I'm afraid when I have to deal with a big project.... 5-6 junction-intersectios and a long main highway element.  

Uf. what a madness. 

But above all I dont understand Autodesk developers???

Thanks, and good weekend !

Message 9 of 11
Jeff_M

@Anonymous wrote:

But above all I dont understand Autodesk developers???!

Well, they are only human. They aren't mind readers. In the 8 years I've been monitoring/using Civil3d, I'm pretty sure that this is the first time this has been asked for. I can honestly say I've never considered needing it, although I can see how it would be convenient. So go add it to the wish list and perhaps it will be included in a future version. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Wishes/bd-p/185

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 11
sboon
in reply to: Jeff_M

I am speculating here, but profile label styles can only be created and used for profiles.  Those labels can only be added through one dialog, which includes options for label sets.

The segment labels that are used for lines and curves are generic, and can be applied to basic ACad objects, featurelines etc.  A separate system was created for adding these, and other types of labels to all sorts of objects.  Since that system includes options for labelling multiple segments it was considered a good enough solution for the problem.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 11 of 11
Neilw_05
in reply to: Jeff_M

While it would be convenient to have these labels available in label sets, this functionality would not be a high priority on my wish list. There are much more significant issues I'd want to see addressed first.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report