Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White image outline prints to plotter AND PDF

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mikev101
951 Views, 11 Replies

White image outline prints to plotter AND PDF

Inserted 44 tiled .jp2 images, imageframe is off yet a "white" outline appears on almost every image when printed to PDF or plotter. I cannot find a solution to this problem...please tell me Autodesk has a solution. Thank you.

-Mike

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
susanhunter1
in reply to: mikev101

Here is a link to AutoCAD Help:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS73099cc...

The FRAME system variable ovverides the IMAGEFRAME variable. If FRAME is set to 0, frames should not be seen or printed. Try using this after all your images are arranged in place.

Hope this helps.

Susan H.
Message 3 of 12
mikev101
in reply to: susanhunter1

Thanks Susan, but FRAME "is" in fact set to "0", and as you can see from the PDF, had no effect on the white lines. Thanks.
Message 4 of 12
susanhunter1

It was worth a try. I think I had this problem a couple of years ago and, if I recall what I did, was to do an IMAGECLIP around the actual images so the white part didn't show, arranged all of them on the sheet where I wanted them, then applying FRAME to the drawing as the last thing. It was not the most elegant solution, but I got all of the images onto the sheet and printed, which was what the contractor needed. Do your original PDF's have white borders?

Susan H.
Message 5 of 12
mikev101
in reply to: susanhunter1

The images are tiled, I cannot attempt to remove any portion of them by using imageclip. This is simply another in the long list of Autodesk software problems each and everytime an upgrade occurs. It's baffling to me how something that we have been using for 23 years, and spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for still cannot solve the most basic issues.

Thanks for trying to help.

-Mike

Message 6 of 12
mikev101

anyone else with input?

Message 7 of 12
jon_b

Two different suggestions; set the layer that the images are on to a lineweight of 0,0,0 regardless of what the IMAGEFRAME setting is, and try linking the images using Map 3D's FDO Raster connection (in Civil 3D 2012, Planning and Analysis Workspace -> Home tab -> Data -> Connect - > Add Raster Image or Surface Connection)

Message 8 of 12
doni49

Try posting one of the actual images (or a link to one).  I suspect that the white strip is actually part of the images.  If that's the case, it's NOT an ACAD issue --it's an issue with the image creator.

I know that the MrSID files that I use regularly have a band of black around part of every image.  I have to use imageclip to remove these.  There is enough overlap between the images, that the neighboring image is STILL on top of or under the current image so you don't even see where I clipped it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 9 of 12
mikev101
in reply to: doni49

Don,

I included a PDF in my OP. The white strips are not on the images themselves, and there is no overlap between images. I know this because when the images are used in ArcGIS, the white strips do not appear. Thank you.

-Mike 

Message 10 of 12
tcorey

Do you have Infrastructure Design Suite? If so, use Raster Design to merge the jp2 files into one.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 11 of 12
mikev101
in reply to: tcorey

Tim - I will give that a try, thanks for the suggestion.

-Mike

Message 12 of 12
doni49

@mikev101 wrote:

Don,

I included a PDF in my OP. The white strips are not on the images themselves, and there is no overlap between images. I know this because when the images are used in ArcGIS, the white strips do not appear. Thank you.

-Mike 

If you can provide me with one (or better yet two) example images, I'll try to reproduce the issue here.  If the issue can be reproduced, it's much easier to troubleshoot.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report