Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the fast way to apply different styles ....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tonnot
226 Views, 3 Replies

Which is the fast way to apply different styles ....

Hello everybody.

I'd like to have a fast method to apply "something"  to view my drawings labels and points (by now)  with different styles depending of my needs.

That is to say .... : 

I'd want to view my "station points " with a green circle near the station number,  but In other "work scene" maybe I want to see nothing more a one pixel point, or I dont want to have my work space full of numbers.... 

I'd want to have a dropdown menu to customize how I'd want to view my cartography.

The same I'd need to layouts. Is it possible to say this layout plots this symbol in this way and this another plots it using another style? ( and if possible to have a global way to do this with a whole set of styles)

Also... Is there any way to apply this when use a xref ?  That is to say: is it possible to get my main drawing have control over its xrefs ? I'd want to have a way to view this xrefs in different ways...also a way to override layers properties from the main drawing (I know this can be a pure Autocad question...)

I wait you understand what I want.

Thanks, thanks, thanks.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: tonnot

I am sure everythng you desire is available in the program.  Your questions are way too broad to expect someone to answer all of these.  I will hit a few points.  I have no idea what your experience is with C3D.

1.  Google is your friend, use it with specific questions and it is amazing how much you can learn.

2.  Do all the included tutorials that come with the program.

3.  Specifically learn how to handle points by using groups.  Grouping points together and use one style and they all follow.

4.  One thing that is a good learning process, Have the PROPERTIES dialog box open, select an object and normally there is a window that you can select and change the STYLE of that object immediately.

Good Luck

Bill

Message 3 of 4
tonnot
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks.

All your suggestions are to be applied individually ( or almost).

I'd need to work with global approaches, both in modelspace and on paperspace.

That is, I'd like to change the aspect of  a lot of drawings... so I think that it can be a solution to insert them as a  xref on a drawing with different styles, but it does not work .... 

Another posibility can be import styles, override styles, change template original styles, and so on...

Is there any solution similar to what I want ?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
tonnot
in reply to: tonnot

So.... as far as I can see ...

- it is not possible to apply styles from external file with 'overriding' approach, isnt it ?

- it is not possible to specify that a drawing "owner" of an xref override it styles ? 

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report