Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which are the "limits" of offset assemblies?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tonnot
306 Views, 2 Replies

Which are the "limits" of offset assemblies?

I have an offset assembly and I have forced the skew of the second aligment. 

(Is a simple basic lane + a linkslopebetweenpoints and a markedpoint placed at the left extreme of a basic road assembly)

As you can see, there are errors at the area in which we have the greater angle between cross sections. 

But I think there are geometrical solution to solve the problem.

What are the limits of this C3D feature ?  Above  more  that "x" degress of cross sections directions difference C3D are going to fail ? 

Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tonnot
in reply to: tonnot

the image.... sorry 

screen.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

Message 3 of 3
david.zavislan
in reply to: tonnot

The problem is with the way the subassembly on the offset assembly is being calculated.   The math is done radial to the baseline alignment, but is applied radial to the offset alignment.

OffsetAssembly1.jpg

If you look closely to any of the corridor sections where the offset alignment is not parallel, you will see that this link does not line up exactly with the links on the main assembly.  It is just more obvious in this area.

A better way to model this is to add that link, going between the main assembly and the offset assembly, to the main assembly.  Then target the offset alignment and profile.  If you are using a link to marked point, you will need to rebuild the assembly so that the offset, with a marked point, occurs first.  Then add the link to marked point to the outside edge of the main assembly.

OffsetAssembly2.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report