Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to define road profile/alignment settings?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Deewar25
324 Views, 2 Replies

Where to define road profile/alignment settings?

For road alignments, I am trying to figure out where the controls are for your vertical information (ie. pvi sta, elev, VC etc) - specifically the VC dimension setting - the drawing is set in metric 1:500 with a 1:100 vertical (pre-defined in drawing setup), but I keep getting a dim scale override of 0.001 which makes the dimension leader disappear of course (even when I delete the override everytime in dimstyle). The style is set correctly, but I have to keep changing the override. It is driving me mental!

Any tricks how to eliminate the override or at least set up my vertical information as I actually want it?

TIA
dave
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Deewar25

Did you start with the imperial or the metric template? Mith the many settings buried in the styles, I've fould it difficult to switch units within a drawing. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator Deewar25 wrote: > For road alignments, I am trying to figure out where the controls are > for your vertical information (ie. pvi sta, elev, VC etc) - > specifically the VC dimension setting - the drawing is set in metric > 1:500 with a 1:100 vertical (pre-defined in drawing setup), but I > keep getting a dim scale override of 0.001 which makes the dimension > leader disappear of course (even when I delete the override everytime > in dimstyle). The style is set correctly, but I have to keep > changing the override. It is driving me mental! > > Any tricks how to eliminate the override or at least set up my > vertical information as I actually want it? > > TIA dave
Message 3 of 3
Deewar25
in reply to: Deewar25

Well, the specific drawing was blocked out from a drawing created probably prior cad 02, the setup is currently metric, but I can't know for sure if it was set up correctly or not. For current drawings, our templete is defaulted metric and I still do have the problems with crazy overrides! This .001 though does smell like an imperial thing though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report