Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the location tab on the insert panel?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
swatfor_PDCOG
4405 Views, 6 Replies

Where is the location tab on the insert panel?

To Set Geographic Location from a Map, the Autodesk users manual says to  "Click Insert tabLocation panelSet LocationFrom Map"

There is no location panel on any insert tab that came with Civil 3D 2014. 

What am I missing? 

Thanks for your help

Sandy W.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: swatfor_PDCOG

Message 3 of 7
TerryDotson

I wasn't impressed with the GeoLocation in vanilla AutoCAD.  I would stick with the Map functionality for assigning the system.

Command: ADESETCRDSYS

The GEOMAP (Bing Images) seem to hit correctly after using that.

Message 4 of 7
BANI_INDICA

but the link not showing any procedure how to do this ? can you help ?

Message 5 of 7
swatfor_PDCOG
in reply to: BANI_INDICA

Bani,

First let me emphasize I am no expert on CUI customization.  I'll try to explain what I did, but you may have to do a little more reasearch to get what you want.

Please note, you may want to backup your Civil3D.cuix file before starting.

Civil 3D 2014

1. Open the customize user interface (CUI).  There are several ways to do this; I usually pull down the workspace in the quick access tool bar at the top left corner and click "Customize..."

2. Click on the Transfer Tab in the CUI.

3. In the right window pane just under where it reads "Customizations in New File", pull down "New File" and click on "acad.cuix"

4. Expand "Ribbon", then expand "Tabs" in both the right and left window panes.

5. In the right window pane scroll down to "Geolocation" under tabs and drag the Geolocation tab to the left window pane among the Civil 3D tabs and drop it where you want it.  I put mine between the Civil 3D Add-ins and the Civil 3D Help.  You should actually see the Geolocation tab in the left pane.

6. Press "ok"

There should now be a geolocation tab in the Civil 3D workspace.  You must sign in to Autodesk 360 for the live map feature to work and I recommend defining the projection / coordinate system and zooming to your desired location before turning the live map feature on.

Again, I am no expert in CUI customization or the Live Map feature, but I did get it to work and am pleased with the outcome. 

I hope this helps.

Sandy W.
Message 6 of 7

Bani,

If Geolocation does not show up, here's a few more steps...

7. Open the customize user interface (CUI) again.

8. Go to the Customize tab.

9. In the left window pane, click on the workspace where you would like to put the Geolocation tab.  

10. In the right window pane, expand the "Ribbon Tabs" (without actually clicking on the tab - Just click the "+" button).

11. In the left window pane expand "Ribbon", then expand "Tabs" (again without actually clicking on the tabs - Just click the "+" buttons).

12. Drag the "Geolocation" Tab from the left window pane to the right window pane in the location under Ribbon Tabs where you want it.

Steps 10 & 11 can be reversed.

This process can be frustrating, because if you pick on other things (tabs, ribbons, etc.), the "Workspace Contents" goes away. Just click on the workspace again to get it back.  Once you click on Geolocation on the left (do not unclick), quickly drag it to the right window pane in the workspace contents at the desired location.

Hope this helps

Sandy W.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report