Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the Bridge Modeler....?????

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
kaanturkum
5499 Views, 16 Replies

where is the Bridge Modeler....?????

hi everyone,

where is the Bridge Modeler  for revit and civil3d ..?

ı look the "labs" links... ı only find empty website page  (link deleted or updated)

how ,can we  get bridge modeler version 2012 or 2013   ?  (when , where....?? )   

ı have building design suite 2013 premium but there is no bridge modeler....

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: kaanturkum

they are both subscription extentions

you get from the subscription website

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
michael.robertson
in reply to: DarrenP

Here's the Autodesk Labs comment on Bridge Modeler:

Bridge Modeler for AutoCAD Civil 3D

Added: November 12, 2009

Graduated: June 29, 2012

The Bridge Modeler for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 technology preview focused on 2 purpose-built workflow for modeling bridge road, barriers, piers, abutments, and bearings for bridge types and the ability to extract strings along a bridge and create Civil 3D alignments which can be then used to display key bridge elements onto Civil 3D profiles. The technology preview ceased operation on July 1. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback during the technology preview. This will help shape the technology as it continue to move forward. The technology will soon be available for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 in the Subscription Center.

I'm not seeing it in the subscription center yet.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: michael.robertson

for civil 3d 2013 its this on the subscription center: http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/08/subscription-productivity-tools-for-autocad-civil-3d...

for revit its the revit extenstions on the subscription center

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 17
michael.robertson

I'm not seeing Bridge Modeler on the Productivity Tools for C3D 2013 page. It's not listed in the productivity_tools_for_autocad__civil_3d__20130.pdf document either.

Mike Robertson
Message 6 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: michael.robertson

to get the bridge modeler you download the borehole ultity samples.zip and the bridge modeler utility is in that zip file

don't know why

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 17
neilyj666

Not any more it isn't - there is no Bridge Modeller for 2013 yet as it is still in beta but contact Dave Simeone at Autodesk if you are interested in testing:

"Now I understand! The problem is being addressed - Thanks for the heads up.

Note to others - please don't try this beta version of the bridge modeler for R2013. If you're interested in evaluating/testing it, please contact me directly.

Thanks!

DAS"

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 8 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: neilyj666

so i am assuming it was bundled accidently inside that zip file

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 17
neilyj666

I think that would be the correct conclusion....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 10 of 17
DarrenP

makes sense since autodesk doesn't mention it anywhere even on their own blogs

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 17
scott.sheppard

I am not a fan of broken links. If you navigate to the original link when it was a technology preview on Labs:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/civil3d_bridge/

it takes you to the graduates page. That information was quoted earlier in this thread. In terms of announcing what happened to it, in June when it graduated, it wasn't on Subscription Center yet:

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2012/06/bridge-modeler-for-autocad-civil-3d-graduates-to-...

so I couldn't provide the link. I am sorry for the confusion. I have done what I could to cover the bases.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: scott.sheppard

it looks like autodesk posted it back up on the subscription website

http://fromthegroundup.typepad.com/from_the_ground_up/2012/09/bridge-modeler-for-autocad-civil-3d-20...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 17
michael.robertson

Just an  FYI for everyone, Bridge Modeler for 2012 & 2013 are now on the Subscription site as of Oct. 19. Note: for 2013 only a 64bit version is available.

Mike Robertson
Message 14 of 17
noor.azhar
in reply to: kaanturkum

This plug-in did not work on my machine. No matter what I do, clean install, update drivers and windows, administrator privilege, disable anti-virus and install at other machine(s), I will always get the AREX error below:

====================================================================================

Show method exception.
Assembly name: DBridgesBeamsGirder: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.; StackTrace: at REX.Bridges.Common.Resources.Dialogs.Common.BTabPanel.InitializeControl()
at REX.Bridges.Common.Resources.Dialogs.Bridge.BElementsControlBase`2.InitializeControl()
at REX.Bridges.Common.Resources.Dialogs.Bridge.BElementsControl`2..ctor(BExtension extension)
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.BExtensionControlsBridge.NewDecksControl()
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.BExtensionControlsBridge.Initialize()
at REX.Bridges.Common.Extension.BExtension.OnCreateLayout()
at REX.DBridgesBeamsGirder.Extension.OnCreateLayout()
at REX.Common.REXExtension.Setup()
at REX.Common.REXApplication.Show()

DEPENDENCY: Autodesk.REX.Framework, Version=2013.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=51e16e3b26b42eda (file version: 2013.0.0.2251) | REX.Controls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (file version: 2013.0.0.2251) | REX.Controls.WPF, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (file version: 2013.0.0.2251) | REX.Controls.Forms, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (file version: 2013.0.0.2251) | REX.Mathematics, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (file version: 2013.0.0.2251) | REX.Preferences, Version=2013.0.0.2251, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (file version: 2013.0.0.2251) | REX.System, Version=2013.0.0.2251, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (file version: 2013.0.0.2251) | REX.Service, Version=2013.0.0.2251, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (file version: 2013.0.0.2251)

LAST ENTRIES: 4 / 36

===================================================================================

Message 15 of 17
habibalshab

hi , i want to ask you about that i can't see productivity tools or bridge modeler for civil 3d in on my subscrbtion center , all i have see are about revit , please i need help , thanks in advance .

Message 16 of 17

The bridge modeler is part of the Productivity Tools for Civil 3D.

http://jprdintprev.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=20329471 

It is available to those who have a Subcription for AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 17 of 17
lazicr
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Hi Scott,

I have the subscription and it is not available.

The link you quoted no longer exists.

Where is the Bridge Modeler?

Thanks,

Rad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report