Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the “annotative scale” and “paper text height” properties?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JamaL9722060
959 Views, 4 Replies

I couldn’t find the “annotative scale” and “paper text height” properties when dealing with “Civil 3D” objects such as points and contours the same way we have it in the regular AutoCAD.

For example, suppose that I need to increase to decrease the “text height” of the point label considering a particular “annotative scale” property, then how this kind of thing might be done in the AutoCAD Civil 3D?

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

Clip_561.jpg

Clip_560.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: JamaL9722060

C3D does not use the Annotative features for labels and other objects.  All of those controls are within the object styles.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
JamaL9722060
in reply to: sboon

Thank you for the answer.

Then how the "height" of the label and the "size" of the point can be edited considering a particular "annotation scale"?

Is it possible, for example, at annotation scale of 1:100 to have bigger or smaller " text height" and "point size"?

Best

Jamal

Clip_571.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 5
sboon

All of the heights specified within the style are plotted height.  If you want some points to be bigger or smaller then you would change them to a different style - same thing for the labels.

I should correct my earlier comment however - Civil3d is aware of the current annotation scale, and will adjust the text heights to make the labels suit.  It's essentially the same result but when C3D was first created there was not annotative feature, so the programmers used this method.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
Sinc

C3D Labels existed before Annotative Scales were introduced, and the two have never been reconciled by Autodesk.

Net effect is that C3D Labels are independent of Annotative Scales (although I wish they weren't).  Maybe one day this will all be fixed (or maybe not).

Here's some more details:

http://www.civil4d.com/2010/11/civil-3d-lables-vs-annotative-text/

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report