Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Autodesk Fix The TTF issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
apustina
471 Views, 6 Replies

When will Autodesk Fix The TTF issue?

I can not believe that we are now on 2015 and there is still an issue with using TTF. This has been on going since Version 2000. Really At lest with Text, Mtext and Multi Leaders you can move the text to elevation of Zero to take care of the issue. But now with more and more text styles being set up within Civil 3D you do not have the option to move labels to elevation Zero. Then ofcourse C3D is off and on of which labels it decides are going to look crappy and which look good.

COME ON AUTODESK PLEASE Get this ISSUE FIXED.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
apustina
in reply to: apustina

Example file attached.

Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE

You should explain what the tif issue is. I personally have not had any tif issues in any version. Your file attachment does not include any tif to demonstrate the issue.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
apustina
in reply to: jmayo-EE

JMayo.... No one ever SAID TIF.. TTF as in True Type Font.

TTF since Release 2000 with not display correctly if they are at any elevation other than Zero. Which is normaly not an issue as you can adjust the elevations of Text, Mtext and even Multi Leaders. However you CAN NOT adjust the elevation of a Civil 3D label. They are what evere C3D Puts them at.

As you can see when you open my attached file that the Catchment Area Labels show up different. One is fine the other shows up being bolded.

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

Sorry I misread and I can't help since I have always tried to avoid TTF's. The vast majority of my C3D labels are shx and I rarely have any labels at any elevation other than 0.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Jeff_M

I've used TTF's for quite some time and have never had (noticed) an issue. With the drawing you posted, I located 2 labels, one at 0 elevation, the other at elevation 136 or so. I created 2 vertical viewports so I could observe both at the same time at the same scales. I could see no difference between them. I then plotted both views to pdf at the same scale, again, I cannot see anything that would classify one as bold and the other not. What am I missing? Here's a screen capture of the 2 pdfs side by side:

10-20-2014 8-54-22 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 7
apustina
in reply to: Jeff_M

here is what we get.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report