Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When publishing a sheet set some of my annotation lables are not showing up.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
htothethird
939 Views, 9 Replies

When publishing a sheet set some of my annotation lables are not showing up.

When publishing a sheet set some of my annotation lables are not showing up.  If I open the sheet, they are there, set to print and everything is correct.  If I print just that sheet, everything is fine.  Only happens in publish.  It's almost like the publish command isn't giving the drawing enough time to open and load everything before printing.  Is there a way to fix this?  Anyone else had the same issues?

C3D 2010 (unfortunetly) hopefully moving to 2013 soon!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
LyleHardin
in reply to: htothethird

We had a similar issue with annotation (profile curve annotation) showing up in one place on the drawing but printing in another place (lower or higher).

It turned out it was an issue with regular AutoCAD and the Object Enabler.

Sorry, probably not much help there.

Is your Civil 3D up to date with the latest service packs and such?

We've had other issues with the default DWGTOPDF and have better luck with other pdf drivers such as AcroPlot Pro and even CutePDF.

Does it happen when you publish just one sheet or multiple sheets?

As an experiment, try publishing to DWF.  If successful, you might be able to print the DWF to PDF. But, that's a rather lousy workaround.  Then again, I'm assuming you are publishing to PDF.

Just some thoughts.

Message 3 of 10
htothethird
in reply to: LyleHardin

You are correct, I am doing DWG to PDF with the publish.  It makes printing easier since my sheet sheets are over 100 pages and I can run the publish overnight, then print in the am. 

Service packs are up to date and we have CutePDF as well, and it does the same thing.  It isn't one specific type of annotation label that isn't pirinting, it's rather random.  And it only happens when publishing multiple sheets.

Message 4 of 10
KirkNoonan

Check your publish settings. (picture attached) In 2011, some of our users have problems with it reverting back to lines overwrite instead of lines merge when publishing multiple sheets. That might cause some of your labels to be hidden.

Message 5 of 10
LyleHardin
in reply to: KirkNoonan

That is why we use AcroPlot to do our PDFs.  DWGtoPDF will start overwriting lines if you publish to a multiple sheet PDF file. I don't know if they fixed it in 2013 or not, but they are aware of the issue. This line overwrite would be a problem if there is something (hatch, wipeout, etc) on top of their lables.

Message 6 of 10
mathewkol

Are you publisjing in the background? If so, turn that off.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 10
htothethird
in reply to: KirkNoonan

I have everything set to lines merge, and that seems to be working correctly.  Question about your publish settings.  Mine are the same except I have "include" on the layer information.  You have "don't include".  What does that do? 

Message 8 of 10
htothethird
in reply to: mathewkol

I'm not publishing in the background. 

Message 9 of 10
KirkNoonan

If layers are included, the layer information is displayed in the pdf reader and layers can be turned on or off by the recipient of the file.

Message 10 of 10
KirkNoonan

Sorry, I'm out of suggestions. You could publish to dwf and create your pdf files from there, but that is an extra step. You might have documented the first-ever case of C3D doing something too quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report