Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I transparent XREF is slowing down my drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkiker07
386 Views, 3 Replies

When I transparent XREF is slowing down my drawing

I have a master survey drawing xref in my proposed grading drawing and I am using the layer manager to set all the xref layers to 40 transparency. When I do my drawing becomes very slow.

Is there another option other than transparent settings for each layer?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: mkiker07

If you're using it only for the drawing you can set the XDWGFADECTL sysvar or set in on the display tab in Options. If you want it to plot it depends on what you're plotting and how you want it to look. Using screening is one option.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mkiker07
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks Allen I've never used the XDWGFADECTL before and I see that it "dims" the xref which is handy.

However I am wanting to plot it. How does the screening work?

Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: mkiker07

We use CTBs and screen by color.

pss.PNG

If you use STBs you can screen by style.

A 50% screening lays down half as much ink/toner and 0% lays down none - creating a non-plotting color. It doesn't create a true transparency, especialy when you have lines set to overwrite. I use a non-plotting color with lines set to overwrite to create "white" text on aerial images.

A way to simpulate a transparent solid hatch is with as semi-dense Dots hatch pattern.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report