Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to bu?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
georgia2
119 Views, 4 Replies

what to bu?

I am going to buy new software. What should I get? I work on a lot of subdivisions. Should Civil 3D 2007 be all I need? Or should I get Civil 3d- Civil Design Companion? Exactly what comes with the companion?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: georgia2

The LDD Companion that comes with C3D 2007 does not include Civil Design. So for your grading needs you'll be forced to use C3D 2007. If you have the time to find the workarounds for the software's shortcomings then C3D should be all that you need.
Message 3 of 5
kevincurrey

We got Civil Design 2007 with our subscription (Pro). So it appears that it is still available.
Message 4 of 5
kevincurrey

I think before anyone answers this question, they would need to know what you are using right now, and how soon you want to move to the "latest and greatest." Are you using Land Desktop w/Civil Design? Have you been planning on buying Civil 3d, but you're just not sure which one? Civil 3D comes with Land Desktop "companion." It's full-blown Land Desktop, but it will use the same software license as Civil 3d. Civil Design Companion is the Civil Design add-on for Land Desktop. It does not add any functionality to Civil 3D. This allows Land users to be able to continue using the software they are comfortable while they migrate, as well as get some functionality that does not yet exist in Civil 3D. If you haven't used Land Desktop, and you don't know what Civil Design is, then you don't need it. If you have used it, and you are not planning on embracing Civil 3D overnight, than you will want it.
Message 5 of 5
georgia2

If I buy Civil 3D without the civil companion, how would I manipulate profiles on drawings that were done years ago with LDD Civil. Lets pretend that I needed to redesign an old project. Also someone told me that you cant buy civil companion for Civil 3D 2007. Is this true?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report