Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's this mean? Strange message on Save

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
erogers
256 Views, 6 Replies

What's this mean? Strange message on Save

Has anyone seen this message at the command line? I asked this question in a support request nearly a year ago and got a shrug of the shoulders. Since then I've had to learn to live with this issue, but I find it hard to believe that no one else has seen it. I have suspected that this issue sometimes actually prevents the drawing, or some data in it, from being saved properly, but I have not been able to prove it. Most of the time I get the message, and life goes on with no problems. Once a drawing gets this message, it will always have it, no matter how much purging or auditing you do. For this reason, I am dubbing it "the herpes message". Here's what it looks like:

Command: q
QSAVE
*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "2D1B"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "2D1C"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "2809"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "280A"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "280B"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "280C"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "280D"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "280E"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "280F"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "2810"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "7339"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "733C"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "744D"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "744E"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "744F"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "7450"

*Warning* Multiply owned object, handle "7451"
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
T_Bernhard
in reply to: erogers

The "cure", at least on a per template/drawing level, is described in http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5441877.

Trevor
Message 3 of 7
erogers

Thanks, the following at the command line:
(entdel (handent "744E"))

did the trick. I had to do them individually though, but they are gone now.
Message 4 of 7

We used that Entdel lisp routine here and now we are unable to label Crest curves.
Message 5 of 7
Sinc

Take a look at your label styles.

I've noticed that the EntDel solution can trash styles. In particular, we've had some of the components disappear from the style. Sometimes, particularly with parent/child/grandchild relationships, this can cause a whole family to be trashed. The components cannot be fixed, and attempting to delete any one of the styles in the family crashes C3D.

We've gotten around the problem by finding a drawing that contains the styles from before the corruption, and drag-n-dropping the new styles into the "problem drawing", overwriting the corrupted styles.

If you can't find an uncorrupted version of the style(s), then create a new drawing (using one of Autodesk's templates, if you have to), and in that drawing, create new styles with the same names and in the same parent/child hierarchy as in the "problem drawing". Now drag-n-drop the newly-created styles into your "problem drawing", overwriting the existing styles. Hopefully, this will fix the issue.
Sinc
Message 6 of 7
wundrlik

The lisp routine is the Brute force and ignorance method, but here is a list of the actual styles that are corrupted:

Here are the styles that I have removed from my drawing to make it work:

Profile Styles
Layout
Label Styles
Label Set
Standard
Curve
Crest & Sag
Sag Only
Crest Only

Create a new drawings (blank) and re-create these from scratch and then drag-n-drop them into your corrupted drawings.

HTH,

Ryan A. Wundelrich
wrgdesign.com
fname . lname at do main above
Message 7 of 7
erogers

What are the implications of leaving these errors alone? Does anyone know what they mean or what the effect is on the drawing? Are they better off left alone?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report