Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best resource for learning civil 3d?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
3155 Views, 24 Replies

What is the best resource for learning civil 3d?

As a cad designer of 11 years I am taking the step to try and learn civil 3d. I am not the best at self teaching and am curious if anyone has a good suggestion for a program or maybe a dvd/ book system to learn this software. there are a few out there but i hate to dump a good amount of money on something that is not worth buying. any help would be greatly appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
cdbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 22 of 25
cdbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

I have been designing homes for 8 years and I am thinking about learning civil 3d so I can get a job with a firm near my home. What can I expect as a starting wage and how long will or should it take for me to learn this software?.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: cdbrown

google, forums and au with real life experience will get you started.

Message 24 of 25
wfberry
in reply to: cdbrown

Learning software is one thing so I am going to ask you:

1.  What do you know about surveying?

Or

2.  What do you know about site design?

or

3.  What do you know about designing a road?

Just a few of the things to consider.

Bill

Message 25 of 25
cdbrown
in reply to: wfberry

Hello, I don't know much about surveying. I have been a residential design build contractor for the last 14 years. I draw house plans for builders and individual clients. I design on the computer with chiefarchitect software. I do design site plans for most of these clients. I also do 3d modeling of their home on their lot.

Chris

Sent from my iPad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report