Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What determines if profile is "C3D" or "as AutoCad"? not obvious

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
JamesMaeding
1227 Views, 23 Replies

What determines if profile is "C3D" or "as AutoCad"? not obvious

I am seeing the wrong flash screen when C3D starts up.

I see the one with several robot supported movie screens, same one as "C3D as Acad" OOTB icon gives.

I created my profile by starting full C3D, then copying the profile to another name.

I copy the full C3D icon from the start menu of windows, and modify the /p to my profile name.

I modify the menus so my main is custom.cui, and enterprise is C3D Tools, which has C3D menu as partial load.

I've done it this way for years, its not some hack approach.

Yet I get the wrong splash screen.  Any ideas?

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
AMT-jtwigg
in reply to: civil3djedi

You can load a profile if it exists, but you currently can not load a .arg through the shortcut. If you do it will open AutoCAD (you'll see the splash screen) Everything seems to function as civil, but you will not have your settings.

Only resolution is to manually import the .arg into Civil 2012 or as a registry entry. Then use the /p switch to call out the profile name only.

Message 22 of 24
tmullins
in reply to: AMT-jtwigg

Just getting around to trying this at our office, and correct me if I'm wrong but this may just be something buggy.

I agree with the posters and found the exact same scenario. I just changed our icon to point to an .arg file stored on my local disk. Works as others explained above in 2010, and 2011.

When I do this for 2012, I get the AutoCAD splash screen, the A icon up on the Application menu, and the exit button on that menu says Exit AutoCAD 2012 - it does NOT say Exit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012.

From what I can tell everything else looks the same. All the workspaces are Civil 3D, not 'straight' AutoCAD and all the ribbon tabs are still Civil 3D, not just AutoCAD tabs.

Am I missing something here? Is it not loading something Civil 3D related?

This is definitely different from the way previous releases behaved, and confirmed by several posters in this thread, so I would hope this could be looked into. I will fill out a Support Request tomorrow morning.

Edited to add: this was on an XP 32-bit system. I will try next on Win7 64-bit but I suspect the behavior to be the same based on others experience. So this does not look like it is peculiar to 64-bit, but Civil 3D 2012.

Message 23 of 24
JamesMaeding
in reply to: AMT-jtwigg

interesting, happens on xp too, I had not tried yet.

This bug is the right hand of AutoCad not talking to the Left hand of Civil 3D.

I bet I could have caught in beta stage too, maybe saving them some trouble.

Message 24 of 24

Peter,

There is only one kind of arg file right?  those that you export using options dialog.

I would not do a regedit export, and name it with arg, I know that is different.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report