Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What causes the Multiply owned objects error?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lsimms1
822 Views, 3 Replies

What causes the Multiply owned objects error?

I am often getting this error message in C3d 2011. 

Every time I get the error, I fix it. a few days later it appears again.

What is causing this?  I have read here something about child style being a possible cause, hatch objects, and a few others.  All of these were maybe, possibly, but no real answer on what the cause is.

This is in my template, so really needs to be fixed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: lsimms1

I have seen many here who have seen this in previous releases (08, 09) when draging/dropping child styles into other dwg's. I have recently seen it (10 and 11) when creating hatches on objects that reside in xref's and the xref is later unloaded.

For the later, either use ncopy or the insert command to bring the objects into the file and create hatches with objects that reside in this file or, create that hatches from the xref, right click on it and select generate boundary, and then recreate the hatch with the new plines.

In a very general sense, the object creating the error (child style or hatch) is losing it's reference object.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Free plug for Jeff M. as he helped me narrow down the hatch issue to the xref's months ago!

Thanks!

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
lsimms1
in reply to: jmayo-EE

The drag and drop child styles makes sense from what I was doing.

I guess I'll just keep fixing it since the template seems to be changing quite often right now.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report