Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the "Extension Height" and "Backslope" in a channel subbassembly?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
424 Views, 1 Reply

What are the "Extension Height" and "Backslope" in a channel subbassembly?

I have a question about Assemblies and corridors. I am currently working on a project in Africa, in which we have to design open gutters for stormwater management. I supposing the way to represent this in Civil 3D would be to use a Channel Assembly to create a corridor. The question that I have is, what exactly are the "Extension Height" and "Backslope"? What do they represent in the surface, once I create the corridor. How do they affect it?

Please see the picture below for a representation.

What exactly do the "Extension Height and "Backslope" lines represent? You can see them in the picture above, on top of the channel. When I change their properties, what will it change in the surface I create my corridor on?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
redtransitconsultants
in reply to: Anonymous

The right and left extension heights appear to be the distance above the attachment point. I would think this is provided if you need to build a berm outside of the channel. The backslope width and backslope slope would then be set to grade out from the extension calculation.

Setting all this values to 0 should eliminate these if not needed.

Steve Hill
Civil Designer / .NET Developer
AutoCAD Certified Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn

Please select the Accept this solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report