Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Pipe Layer/Color Glitch in C3D 2011

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
tr4driver
2374 Views, 48 Replies

Weird Pipe Layer/Color Glitch in C3D 2011

Greetings...

I just started using C3D 2011 (now that the Raster Object Enabler has finally been released), and I've come across a very strange glitch. In plan view, I used a storm pipe style that draws the pipe walls and a dashed centerline that is the width of the pipe. The layer that the centerline is color white, and the settings in the style are set to BYLAYER for the color. However, whenever I load a drawing up, the color of the pipe centerline on screen matches the color of the current layer at the time of startup. If I change the current layer, the color remains the same as the original current layer at startup. I can change the color from BYLAYER to another color and it will change, but when I change it back to BYLAYER, it goes back to the color at startup and not to the color set for the layer the centerline is set to. So far, the centerline itself is the only piece of the pipe network that seems to be affected.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I'm going to play around with it some more tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kurt
48 REPLIES 48
Message 41 of 49
rremmers
in reply to: Anonymous

I too am having this problem with alignment label ticks.

Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
in reply to: tr4driver

Kurt,

We screen back our pipes with ctb files for each type of sheet(ie. water, storm). Won't fix the centerline problem but it may help your productivity so you don't have to switch colors every new sheet that you create.

Ryan

Message 43 of 49
Anonymous

Running in to the same problem here. My workaround is much simpler and easy. I just put the current layer to the "0" layer and it shows up as it should. I hope this helps somone.

Message 44 of 49
tr4driver

@Anonymous wrote:

Running in to the same problem here. My workaround is much simpler and easy. I just put the current layer to the "0" layer and it shows up as it should. I hope this helps somone.

This is what I've gotten in the habit of doing as well... right before I plot.  Sometime I forget though.

This is very frustrating.  I'm not sure why there hasn't been a real fix for this from AutoDesk yet.  I just hope it doesn't show up in the 2012 version of Civil 3D.

Kurt

Message 45 of 49
tr4driver

@Anonymous wrote:

Kurt,

We screen back our pipes with ctb files for each type of sheet(ie. water, storm). Won't fix the centerline problem but it may help your productivity so you don't have to switch colors every new sheet that you create.

Ryan

I actually have all my sheet layouts setup with layer/color information (by viewport) appropriate for each plan and included in my template drawing, so I don't have to switch colors.  Until this glitch is corrected, I just have to remember to set my current layer to "0" and hit regen prior to plotting.

Kurt

Message 46 of 49
c.bergthold

I haven't had a chance to download 2012 yet, has this been fixed in 2012. Is autodesk planning on fixing this in 2011?

Thanks,

Cory

Cory
Message 47 of 49
Jeff_M
in reply to: c.bergthold

It works as it should in 2012. No telling if 2011 will get fixed, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 48 of 49
Anonymous

Kurt,

Read the rest of the comments on this page. I have found that you need to use a hatch pattern  instead of displaying the centerline for the pipe. The centerline acts as a block with linework on the 0 layer. The hatch pattern is somewhere on this forum. I can't remember where they are located on my machine but if you know or someone can tell me where the PAT file are kept I can find it for you.

Ryan

Message 49 of 49
c.bergthold

I'm not sure that is the case with the pipe centerlines but the problem I was having with the structures showing up on the current layer was caused by the style having somehow lost its layer setting. When I reset the layer it fixes the problem. Not sure what caused it to lose the layer setting but I am currently unable to duplicate this issue with my current template.

Cory

Cory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report