Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weeding LiDAR clutter

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MattheewMartiin
1000 Views, 3 Replies

Weeding LiDAR clutter

I've made a surface using Lidar data that was sent to me, but the LiDAR picked up trees and various other different things we dont need in the surface. Is there a way to quickly remove these points. I cant weed by level becuase the site is uneven so that would mean losing some of the site.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ksorsby
in reply to: MattheewMartiin

You have DSM data, you need DTM data (which is DSM data but with automated filtering to remove vegetation etc.). Your options are to obtain or purchase the DTM data (it's not expensive) or manually edit the points and features out.

If purchasing is not possible, you'll need to use a surface style which shows surface points and contours, then delete the points you don't want or until the contours look right. You can delete using window or CP I think. A better option IMO is to 'patch edit', ie. draw around the offending areas, drape the polyline to pick up the surface levels, create a surface called, say, Patch1 and then paste that into your main surface. Effectively flattening the areas of trees etc.

Allow plenty of time though!

Kevin

Message 3 of 4

Globel Mapper is good for this.  You can set different classifications to remove vegetation.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 4
ksorsby
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

True, but I guess it depends on where you are because most of the Lidar in the UK that I've seen doesn't have any classifications at all. I've spoken to the EA about this and they said it's as simple as older data just doesn't have it.
Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report