Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATERSHED ANALYSIS

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
CADEngr2014
1027 Views, 11 Replies

WATERSHED ANALYSIS

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2015.

I am learning how to use the WaterShed Analysis for defining basins of an existing topo surface.  When I produced the watershed analysis, the little selector arrows for selecting "Merge depressions into single drain targets when Minimum Average Depth is less than:" does not allow selection in 2015 release.  I produced a watershed table and would like to condense many of the small areas inot a single larger area.  Is it possible to do this by setting minimum depth or minimum area?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
bf
Advocate
in reply to: CADEngr2014

it works on my release of 2015 C3D.

Message 3 of 12
bf
Advocate
in reply to: bf

what steps are you taking to accomplish this?
Message 4 of 12
CADEngr2014
in reply to: bf

The steps I used to create the watershed are as follows:

Inside surface properties, I select the Analysis Tab and select Watersheds under the Analysis Type from the pull-down arrow.

The Legend item has Standard selected as default.

The little arrows selector for choosing minimum depth is greyed-out, is set to 0 as default.

I can select the Merge adjacent boundary waterhseds or not, does not change the above.

I select the large arrow to populate the watershed analysis.

I select OK.

Message 5 of 12
bforr

I am the same guy above, changed my name.  Mine is greyed out also.  I've never noticed.  I've always highlighted the 0.00 and typed in the value I want.

Message 6 of 12
CADEngr2014
in reply to: bforr

ok thanks for that tip, that works, I did not notice I could just replace the zero, it all looks greyed out.

Message 7 of 12
bforr

Cool.  Happy drafting. I misread your original and thought you meant the arrow to push the info down was greyed.

Message 8 of 12
CityWF

Sohow do you get bigger areas? I have changed the depth from 1 - 100 feet and the areas look the same every time.

It doesnt seem to mater what I do to the settings or the styles, It looks the same every time.

I am doing a fairly small area and It has 875 basins.

I am working in Civil 3d 2013

Thanks for any help,

Janet

Message 9 of 12
bforr
in reply to: CityWF

what are the depth variation of your surface?

Going to lunch bbl.

Message 10 of 12
CityWF

I have 2' contours in my regular surface and in the watershed surface it seems to vary from 1' to as big as it needed to include all the area it neede to drain. 

I'd like to get rid of the little tiny areas that are less that 5' and have them join in the larger areas

Message 11 of 12
bforr
in reply to: CityWF

What are the min and max of your elevs within your surface?

If you want to email me your surface I could look at it or you could post it here. xml or dwg.

Message 12 of 12
CityWF

send me your email

janet.conley@wichitafallstx.gov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report