Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: An error occurred during save....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rkmcswain
1809 Views, 6 Replies

Warning: An error occurred during save....

Civil 3D 2015 SP2.

Why do I still get this...

help4.png

....when copying a C3D object to the clipboard?

Is this a bug, or is there something screwey in our templates/drawings?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: rkmcswain

I get that on occasion myself. I honestly think it has to do with Parcels. I use them extensively for everything from the boundary to the structures on the site, for labeling multiple building were I need to show SF etc..

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE

I use to get this often when I created hatches by picking internal points in an xref. Jeff M. had the same issue in the past. Not sure if it still triggers the warning in 14 or 15. I have also seen this error without hatches and it may be in files I have used copy/paste operations on... I will post next time I see it. I do get it every few weeks or so.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
rkmcswain

I get it virtually every time I copyclip a C3D object (COGO Point, Surface, Feature line, alignment, etc.)

It seems benign, but if so, why the error dialog? I would just like to know what the trigger is.

Thanks guys.

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

I just copy/pasted a small surface. The operation also brought in the cogo points and figures in the surface definition as expected. No error... Do you use a variation on the NCS template? How much data are you transfering?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

1. We are using the same basic template, modified over the years. (Let me try the stock OOTB template...)

B. Amount of data does not matter. It could be a single cogo point or an entire drawing.

Thanks for your input.

Message 7 of 7
Jay_B

We see it a lot in 2014 SP2, saw it often in 2012 as well.

Haven't been able to find a cause & following the directions in the dialog don't seem to make the message appear any less.

Don't see it in all drawings, but in others, can't seem to save without seeing this error.

No Parcels in almost all cases here.

Mainly seems to appear in Corridor & Cross Section files and seems to happen more when multiple drawings are open within a single session.

Would love to find a way to get rid of it.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report