Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: An error occured during save

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rkmcswain
2628 Views, 6 Replies

Warning: An error occured during save

errsave.png

Every time I export a C3D drawing to ACAD (command: _AecExportToAutoCAD20xx), I get this "error message"

There does not seem to be a real problem because I can open the exported drawing in vanilla AutoCAD OK, (although I do still get a proxy notice..?).

A few other older threads about this reveal no solution or confirmation that this dialog is a bug.

* http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/An-error-occurred-during-save/m-p/3090904

* http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/2011-2012-Warning-An-error-occured-during-save/m-p/34...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Warning-an-error-occurred-during-save/m-p/2899242

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: rkmcswain

I was getting this one time, along with the proxy entity warning too.  Turned out there was one locked cogo point in the drawing that wasn't gettng exploded.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 7
igi_pop
in reply to: troma

Good point. But it's still happening in 2015 - all layers thawed, all objects unlocked.

But from what i see the only thing NOT getting into the exported drawing, or the most obvious one, is the corridor surfaces in the section views..

it would be most excellent if autodesk would work around it. or tell us how we could 🙂

Lenovo ThinkCenter M920f; Win10pro x64; i5 9500 @3GHz; 16GB RAM; Radeon RX550X
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."

AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified ProfessionalAutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Message 4 of 7
troma
in reply to: igi_pop

The error message or the proxy entity warning?
I get that error now almost every time I export. Doesn't seem to mean anything.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 7
igi_pop

@troma wrote:
The error message or the proxy entity warning?
I get that error now almost every time I export. Doesn't seem to mean anything.

The error message, sorry.

Ye, it seems to export everything, just warns every time.

I've noticed one more thing while trying to restart-export to see if it goes trough. Answered my lack of corridor sections in the exported file..

If Civil is closed and i double-click the DWG to start it up with civil, the corridor sections are missing in all sections of my section view. It's sampled, it exists, can object-view it but it's not showing in sections. If i then "small-X" the drawing (without saving) and pick the same drawing from recent files - everything is shown as it should be, export gives the same error but the corridor sections are in the exported file. I'm not gonna investigate why it is so, but it is a bit odd..

Message 6 of 7
troma
in reply to: igi_pop

I was told to never open a drawing by double-clicking in the folder. Always open the program first.
Easiest shortcut I've found is to drag the drawing and drop it on the commandline to open it.

Mark Green

Message 7 of 7
igi_pop

@troma wrote:
I was told to never open a drawing by double-clicking in the folder. Always open the program first.
Easiest shortcut I've found is to drag the drawing and drop it on the commandline to open it.

I've learned the harder way - rebuilding the corridor 😄

was a simple one tho..

thanks for the tip!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report