Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Thickness - Box Culvert

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ChristosRados2185
1865 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Thickness - Box Culvert

Hello everyone!

I am trying to change the wall thicknesses of the concrete box culvert available at Metric Pipes catalog. I enter Part Builder -> Size Parameters-> Edit Configuration and I change the Data Storage option from Table to List for Inner Pipe Width PIW, Inner Pipe Height PIH and Wall Thickness WTh. The reason I do this, is because wall thickness is not constant for every dimension, but it is determined also by the height of the embankment above the culvert, so it would be convenient to have the option to change wall thickness in Civil 3D by choosing from a list.  In Size Parameters-> Edit Values I completed the 3 lists with the desired values for wall thicknesses, inside width and inside height. When I go into the drawing, in the parts list it is giving me the option to pick the inside width, height and the wall thickness like it should. The source is reading as a list, as it should. The problem is that when I actually draw the pipe, I look at the properties of the pipe and although  the inside width and height are correct, the wall thickness is always 250mm, even though I specified a different wall thickness in the parts list. There is a pull down option available for the wall thickness in the properties of the pipe but when I pick a different wall thickness and say "ok" it automatically reverts back to the 250mm value.

Any help would be appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It sounds like you did everything correctly. Did you regen the part catalog (partcatalogregen)? If that didn't work I might try recreating the part in the part list.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Yes, I regen the part catalog but it still doesn't work... What do you mean by "recreating the part in the part list"? Do you mean recreating it in the Part Builder or just reload it in a new part list?

Message 4 of 4

Recreate the part in the part list, not the part builder.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report