Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall grade and surface annotation showing Tops and Toes?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
htothethird
777 Views, 3 Replies

Wall grade and surface annotation showing Tops and Toes?

Hey -

Just curious if anyone knows of a way to have one surface label show 2 elevations?  I'm trying to create a simple Top and Toe wall annotation that would be linked to the surface.  We want it to look similar to our old text based standard shown below, but i think to do this, I would need 2 surface points in one label.  Is that possible? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: htothethird

Create a surface label and on the Label Style Composer window, use the drop down that looks like [A+] to select Reference Text. This will allow you to reference a second surface, you will then modify this component to have the contents of the surface elevation. When you use the label it will query for each surface. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: htothethird

Two other options I use are

1. Two labels one for top with a leader the other for the botton hiding the leader and stacked below the other. Which you may be showing in the attachement.

2. Draw a 3d poly or feature line from top to bottom and use a line label to report the start and end z. If the grades change either grip edit to the srf triangles or assign elev's to the Fline from the revised surface.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
htothethird
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Jmayo -

I'd thought of Option 1 before which i've done on a few projects, but I kept having issues of when the surface changed it would slightly shift the labels and they wouldn't look "attached" anymore and I kept having to realign them back to each other.

But I really like the idea of Option 2, little more dynamic and should be easy enough for the minions to follow 🙂

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report