Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Breaklines

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
1222 Views, 28 Replies

Wall Breaklines

I am having a problem with my Surface not cutting to the exact Wall Breaklines that I have drawn..The problem areas are the vertical wall to the north in the drawing. Specifically the vertical 90 corners. I have attached my file. Thank you.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

Are they supposed to be squared like this?

wall3.png

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Yes, exactley except hard to tell if the top of the wall is sloping in elevation but yes that's how i wish it to look like..

Message 23 of 29
Joe-Bouza

I think you may be misinterperting what Alan said. With the Delauny trinagulation algorithm you WILL have a problem with common xy different z

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I could be. I will recut the surface using no upper lines, like I have done for the walls running North/South and retry..

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I have tried removing the upper lines and it worked almost brilliantly see attached. I have only one small area to fix. See attached.

Message 26 of 29
AllenJessup

OK. Despite what I said before. I had to look at it more closely. actualy looking at it from the underside let me see what was happening better.

I moved the bottom of wall away by 0.01 and flattend the peaked breakline i showed in the other screenshot by picking the Mid between 2 Points using the adjacen verticies. One difference between the one that worked for you is that it was create with a flat polyline. The others were created as segments of 3D polylines.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 27 of 29
jmayo-EE

That's how I thought it was suppose to be Allen. Note that there are a number of surf warnings and errors. Mapclean does find some duplicate objects which also does not fly well with the algorithms.

There is also points and a line defined as a drawing objects This also adds to the errors. If the line lies on all of the points remove the line. This is data redundancy.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous

For some reason, I clicked on the surface and swaped the line that was crazy and it seems to have worked. I didn't notice the difference in Polylines. Thank you very much for your help, Allen. 🙂

Message 29 of 29
Anonymous

Oops. See attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report