Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Breaklines

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
1224 Views, 28 Replies

Wall Breaklines

I am having a problem with my Surface not cutting to the exact Wall Breaklines that I have drawn..The problem areas are the vertical wall to the north in the drawing. Specifically the vertical 90 corners. I have attached my file. Thank you.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't looked at your drawing but there can be no completely vertical walls. There must be at least a minimal batter, even just .01. I don't have problems with 90° corners as long as no breakline fall exactly above another.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Yeah, I understand but I thought by using the Break line command within the Surface palate, it created a slight offset? And it created a slightly off from vertical wall?

Message 4 of 29
AllenJessup

Yes. If you create it as a Wall Breakline or use the Stepped Offset command. I'll see if I can take a look at your drawing in the morning.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous

Thank you..

Message 6 of 29
AllenJessup

OK. I took a quick look. The breaklines don't have any offset. But that doesn't seem to be the trouble. It might be taken care of behind the sceens by it being a Wall breakline. I'd think you'd solve the problem by making the breaklines continuous instead of broken.

wl.PNG

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous

Okay, I've done what you have suggested. Which I thought was a pretty good idea. But no luck. See attached.

Message 8 of 29
Joe-Bouza

Where is the problem? pretty hard to tell from the drawing without more direction?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

The problem is the along the Northern Vertical wall running west to the east. If you "Spin" the drawing you should be able to see the area. You should be able to see that the surface does not follow the pink Polylines that show teh base of the wall..

Message 10 of 29
Joe-Bouza

I'm pretty dense, you say north, but you have two edges to the NW & NE, then you say spin (spin what? from north to south?), and pink lines. I'm looking at a drawing with Red, White, magenta and yellow lines, no pink.

the tin lines are not jumping over any lines except the yellow ones. Where is the problem? maybe a screen grab with crayon marking the trouble spot

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous

I meant spin the entire drawing.. Anyways the lines are magenta (Pink). See attached screen shot. You will see that the surface triangles does not follow the vertical wall location, as shown by the Magenta lines. Mainly in the corners, the rest of the polyline the surface follows..

Message 12 of 29
jmayo-EE

Perhaps the issue is the crossing breaklines?

I marked a few crossings with circles.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I could see that might be an issue if I was actually using those lines for the breakline, but I am actually using the lower magenta polyline as my wall breakline. And then defining the elevation of top of wall by specifing each individual elevation at the prompt. So I don't think the above lines are the problem. But I will tidy them up and see if anything happens.

Message 14 of 29
Joe-Bouza

Alan & John are correct

you cannot have break lines at the same x,y with different z value

wall_breaklines.png

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 15 of 29
AllenJessup

OK. I see a comparitively flat surface with 5 depressions. What's it suppose to look like.

wall.png

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 16 of 29
Joe-Bouza

like this when you get rid of the common x,y Smiley Wink it funny Alan I had this screen grab before I saw yours

redowall.png

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous

Take a look at an earlier post by Allan, he is saying "OK. I took a quick look. The breaklines don't have any offset. But that doesn't seem to be the trouble. It might be taken care of behind the sceens by it being a Wall breakline. I'd think you'd solve the problem by making the breaklines continuous instead of broken". I created the walls by using the Breakline command, which i believe creates it's own breakline slightly offset from the original breakline..

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous

And if this is the case and I need to seperate breaklines at two slightly different location, why is the center point of the North wall working correctly? As shown on your snapshot?

Message 19 of 29
AllenJessup

I think a lot has to do with formation.

Allen Jessup
wall2.PNG

although I'm still guessing at the final form.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 20 of 29
Anonymous

Allen, Hard to describe but the Furthest Eastern wall is cutting correctly. It follows the slope of the above wall and flat of the lower floor and the walls are verticle and the top of wall is at the correct elevation. See attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report